Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Historic Adams House

This weekend I went to see a Spirited Tour of the historic Adams House Museum in Deadwood. The Adams were one of Deadwood's founding families and their family home has been restored to its original condition. The Spirited Tour is an October special for Halloween and the tour guides act out some of the more famous legends associated with the house and the family. I don't want to spoil the surprises, but some of the legends were gruesome!
I spoke with the curator of the museum when I was making my reservation and told him I was exploring South Dakota as a VISTA member for the year. He didn't know what AmeriCorps or VISTA was but after I explained our work, VISTAs get member prices for the tour this weekend. It's a great opportunity to see a part of history here where I am serving, something I wouldn't be able to see without VISTA to bring me to SD!

No comments: