Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day Two as a VISTA

The past seven days have been quite a whirlwind!

One week ago, I was eating dinner with fellow VISTAs at Pre-Service Orientation. We weren't actually VISTAs until we took the oath on Friday afternoon. Between these two events, I learned A LOT.

Today, I am finishing up the second day at the office. I arrived Monday morning ready to take on the world. I hit the ground running and jumped into the world of social media. In the near future, Volunteers of America, Dakotas will have a Facebook page, and hopefully a blog and a Twitter account as well.

As a development/marketing VISTA, much of my days will involve publications, events, social media and much more!

And, in case you are wondering, I will help fight poverty by promoting the organization's programs, which fight poverty each and every day.

I can't tell you how excited I am, so hopefully you can already see it.

Until we meet again,
Melissa

2 comments:

Brian Laurent said...

Welcome again Melissa! Hopefully you can make it out to the Rosebud at some point.

Daniel Prendable said...

We are all so excited to have you on board Melissa. It's so wonderful to have another technologically competent person around, you know, because I'm not.