Thursday, April 22, 2010

Learning to use gmail

Today was a good day. I finally wrestled Eileen down for a few minutes to show her some of the fancy features of our office gmail software. Now I'm experimenting with some of google's other featues so that I can impart greater wisdom in the future. So this is my first gmail blog; previously, I've just been creating documents individually in google docs and occasionally on the VISTA blog (smiling faces, great places) and my personal blog (sweet land of liberties).

OK, note to self: clicking on Blog This! will connect me directly to our VISTA blog, even though I joined under my Clemson account. I joined the VISTA blog with my Clemson email so that my dashboard would have all my blogs just a click away. So now the VISTA blog will be even easier to reach.

And for those who follow this blog, I created a power point presentation in Google mail on how to use gmail. Anyone interested in viewing it I think just has to have a voa-dakotas.org email address but if you can't see it, I'll send you an invitation. It's a work in progress, though, because I just found out how to create groups to send mass emails and I'm still working on how to set up Outlook. I've never used Outlook but some of my co-workers prefer it to gmail so I'll update the slide show as soon as I hook someone up to Outlook.

Have you checked out any of the labs? I just enabled a few.

No comments: