Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Diaster Relief

I know this is not directly linked to AmeriCorps but it is service related, nonprofit related, and definitely important.

I don't know about you but I have been in shock over what is happening in Haiti.  The Earthquake is estimated to affect millions of people and has killed thousands. We have rushed in with numerous nonprofits to try our best but so much still needs to be done. I am keeping them in my thoughts and in my heart.  I keep wanting to cry when I read yet another story about what is happening but then Bob Dylan comes into my head and sings "...now is not the time for your tears..." and I know he is right. Now is the time for immediate and swift action on the part of the rest of the world.

So if you are interested in being updated on what is going on and what you can do to help, here is a link that is constantly being updated with more information:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/12/haiti-earthquake-relief-h_n_421014.html

Also, you can text "Haiti" to 90999 right now to donate 10 dollars to the Red Cross if you wish. At times like these, I know without a doubt why I chose to live a life dedicated to service. Thank you for the work you do and please keep Haiti in your thoughts, prayers, hearts.

-Dominique

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.yesmagazine.org/blogs/sarah-van-gelder/how-to-help-haiti

Another Great Link on various nonprofits on the ground in Haiti who could use our help:o)

-Dominique